Friday we celebrated the season with the office party. But first, we read another Shakespeare -- Richard III -- it was horrific -- except for the part where we turn the overhead fan on high and snuggle right down in the flannel bedclothes and simply listen.
Sushi for the win! Austin was brilliant and catered the event. Then we played all sorts of holiday games and won all sorts of bougie prizes.Here we are decorated each other as Christmas trees. Austin is very blessed to have such a great team with whom to work. He is only as good as them, and they are very good. (Just last week I had opportunity to compare offices, and I was so unimpressed by another medical professional's ladies.). Ours are the best!
Maddie's Christmas hair.
Austin lost his hat for a few days, but luckily he found it in the bus under the seats. He was so happy he took a selfie!
We crashed from 5-10pm in quiet heaps watching movies together. This no-device December is turing out to be exactly what I wanted: The children jump on the tramp and play in the leaves for hours. They sit together connected by one screen, which means they have to compromise about what's on. They create games and sorts of happy play. They have space to complete chores and help in the kitchen. I don't know if the devices will ever come back. 😜





No comments:
Post a Comment