Wednesdays for the past two years always begin with the declaration, "Hello, everyone!" Elder Babcock's p-day is here, and he's ready to use the day to communicate with us. His phone calls in the evening are just so good. Often there are five family members on at once, but sometimes seven.
Maisie: ''Andy, my advice to you is to not start a semester-long project the day before it is due."
Elder: "I'm the next over-achiever in the family. You will be but a simple procrastinator in my presence. Example, I was suppose to take a week to fill out, 'My Plan,' but I got it done in two days."
Maisie: "I can do 30 pushups in 45 seconds. And, I'm going to start cleaning the MTC in the morning with Annie and Amy, and I'll probably make more poor choices."
Then talking about Andy dating when he gets home:
Andy: "I'mmma get a shoddy."
Maisie: "You have to woo the ladies. Andrew WOOSE Babcock."
Meg then hopped on tighgly zipped into a turleneck:
Andy: "Hello, Meg, you're looking rather insulated."
Meg: "The babies are 4.5 pounds now. Their pinky fingers fit in the top notch of my pinky finger."
Then the two girls helped Andy to avoid girls that have multiple piercings, tatoos and like horror movies.
All of a sudden the subjuct turned to working in the dental office.
Maisie: "I stabbed a guy."
Meg: "I drowned a patient."
Austin: "Yah, you did."
Finally, Maisie had on a pair of navy star glasses.
Meg: "Your glasses are awesome."
Maisie: "They're from the concert I went to last night -- the lead singer gave them to me."
Elder Babcock often leaves abruptly because his time is up, but he gave us a glimpse of his calendar, and were pretty excited to have him home in 22 days. EEK!
Also today: I got my hair cut and almost blown dry.
Waiting without devices.
Look at this dinner! Loaded Chicken Fajita Sweet Potatoes Make it.









No comments:
Post a Comment