Wednesday, December 13, 2023

December 13th

Late starts for Maddie and Nick (seminary is over for the semester) are wonderful for us all.  After a slower breakfast, I demanded, "Head to my bed it's time for Shakespeare."  Eddie looked at Nick (who was walking out the door for school), "Ah, we have the best life -- and you don't."  Read alouds are my most favorite moments.
She's blooming; and I coo at her and love her.
My jacuzzi looks just like my mother's -- covered in plants.  I moved them all into my west wing while the Christmas decorations are in the main rooms.
The youth activity included YW, YM and primary, and I took it over.  I knew caroling was the plan, so I gathered by 29 jingle bells, 8 Santa hats, and 12 piano songs to saranade a local nursing home.  The night felt like family choir on steroids.  So good.
I needed to pick up a few things at Walmart after we were done.  Nick pushed the cart, with Molly on the front and Maddie on the side (she hurt her ankle climbing the rope in PE -- she was of course the only one who could do it), with Eddie and Ryan trailing behind, and with me forging the way down the aisle.
I finished the crocheted bouquets for my sisters' gifts.  I've been working for weeks on them.  Austin thought they were charming, so I hope they are received well.
Our Wednesday P-day call was epic.

 Meg hopped on for a two minutes and shined her light -- she wakes up every three hours to make milk.  

Elder Babcock sang and hummed the entire time.  At point he stood up and "hit the gritty." 

"This is my herbal tea I made -- full of health benefits."

"I come home in 15 days.  Mom, remember when you dropped me off?"  (At that point he had only been away from me for 5 days at scout camp.)

"I'm an intellectual."

"The oni-lord will be back in two weeks."

Maisie reported on her side-quests, concert destinations and seeing the Campbells at the Orem temple open house.

No comments: