We traveled to Utah in less eight hours -- Austin was driving very effeciently. Molly lives her best life bewteen her two big sisters. Melijah slept four hours, Nick slept three, and Eddie and Ryan gamed eight.
My mother's "holiday home" is filled with holiday magic. Christmas trees in every room, lights hanging and emphasizng the light of Jesus Christ, and hoards of people on every surface. Magestically and almost magically she triples recipes and feeds body and soul. Her home is heavenly, because she's the angel living within it.
Wednesday we went skaing -- because this girl loves it. I was so good this time -- I don't even need to pick up my feet and I just go and go. Eddie jumped on and off the steps and would race around as fast as he could. Molly tried skates, but then traded those in for a scooter. Ryan was hard to watch, because he looked like he would fall at any second, but he did great. Maddie and Maisie navigated nicely. Meg and Elijah held hands and danced. Uncle Mike fell and hurt his shoulder, and Austin moved smoothly -- as always.
My 42nd birthday came and went in exactly everyway I could have dreamed. A temple session in the am (Emily is missing in the photo) followed by sushi.
These are my afternoon party guests -- we laughed the entire time. Maisie ate so much sushi, that she waited another 24 hours to eat again.
Here is my party in the pm. Mother made two pans of rice crispies -- she doubled the butter (I didn't tell) -- so they really were the best rice crispy treats I've even eaten. And I've eaten hundreds -- not just servings, but pans.
A few of my favorite guests.
Here is my after party -- we played SKIP*BO for a good hours, soaking up the last little bit of my festivities and Melijah.
Friday we went to dinner as adults at Wildwood in Salt Lake. Austin and I ordered pork belly -- AKA huge chunks of the little slimy fats in pork and beans. We both thought the pork belly would be like the porcetta in Italy. Hard no. It was huge chunks of fat, that everyone tried to convince me tasted like bacon. Nope.
A little more gaming together on Saturday -- we also did a HIIT workout juntos.
Cousins came to bring in the new year. We love cousins.
A wonderful neighbor shot their aerials at 7:45pm just as our ball was dropping. We whooped and hollered and made a big ruckus. Then, everyone went home and a few of stayed to clean up for another hour. Cleaning with mother and sisters is ideal -- everyone knows what needs to be done and then completes it correctly. Good times.
Sunday was calm and still with gently falling snow. We spent the day whispering and eating.
Finally, the last night at 8:30pm the children donned their snow clothes and played in the snow. We had to leave early the next morning, but we revelled in it.
Mother waved us down the lane. Her pink arms waving wildly. I could see her pink dot as we rounded the corner; I was already missing her.
By the time we were in Hurricane, no more winter evidences.
Our ride home was blessedly uneventful. I couldn't help but take another picture of. this smug little girls who is loved by all and loves all.























No comments:
Post a Comment