Tuesday, December 29, 2020

December 29 -- My 40th Birthday

Today was one of those special days wherein every breath was one gratitude, happiness and peace.  Here are my birthday guests greeting me and the day.
Molly brought me a card that she composed herself then gathered shells to complete the perfect present.  Those boxes contained the Harry Potter Lego sets I've been dreaming about for over a decade.  
By 10am, the children were rushing into the waves with wet suits and kayaks.  Austin and I read books on the balcony instead.  Andy is a bit of a cold bug, so he generously entertained Molly.  He carried her over his shoulder like a sack of potatoes -- she didn't complain.
Meg had this great idea to do  HIIT workout of my choosing.  We began indoors, but quickly headed to the balcony for fresh breeze and sunny seas.
It hardly looks like we're working.  I hope I can climb the dunes tomorrow.

After reading on the sunny sandy slopes and napping these two came inside to help me build Legos.  What fun.  Molly called me, "Birthday Mom," all day.
The boys and Maddie played Nintendo, and Austin and the girls puzzled.
After a lovely dinner and a tribute via song, (I'll include the link) cookie cake, CFM D&C, Super Smash and reading, it was time to call it a day.



https://photos.app.goo.gl/dN6CxemxpVAGU3Uq5
Not a bit of stress even tempted my peace today.  I'm certainly middle-aged, and so happy to be growing old -- it justs means I've been given a beautiful blessing to live a life whereupon I can enhance my character and love more deeply than the prior days.  This next decade my goals include: diety, husband, children, family, friends, piano, foreign language, and lots of smiling and laughing. 

 

No comments: