Wednesday blew quickly by in Mexico, because the winds died down and we found respite on the dunes. Nice Nick loves our little Molly.
Meg and Maisie braved the surf in wet suits.Andy was not brave. He used all his courage to read four novels.
After we ran along the shore, Austin had enough warmth left to paddle.
Nick is the mound.
We made it until sunset when Molly called it quits.
YES! Proof of our family, our beach and our love.
The big girls ran and walked the beaches everyday -- both are training for the upcoming track seasons. Nick came up with tons of games of chase, tag and wrestle. Every night the three littles came inside trailing sand. Their hoodies and pockets filled up with sand and slowly sprinkled across the floor. Maddie flitted from group to group, mostly moving and hardly stopping.
New Years Eve we huddled around the fire pit and watched the neighbors set off crazy-big fireworks. Austin handed out poppers, so we had our little bit of fun. Actually, it was delightful because they started throwing the poppers at each other from the balcony.
Our final beach day was another warm one. As long as I kept moving, I was warm.
They played all day long, and even picked up a few neighbors.
Lots of food and water
Lots of jumping and reading and sleeping.Maddie filled up Eddie's shirt. They called him, "Chungus."
Time to go, and no one was moving very quickly. Relaxation became the norm.
It's so easy to travel with big kids, lots of seats and lots of devices.
As soon as we were driving up our long road, Eddie begged to keep driving until we reached Grandma Kim's house. I wish. Oh, how I wish.


























1 comment:
Eddie's shirt filled with sand is epic. Mexico is magical. I love you all.
Post a Comment