Sunday, January 31, 2021

Snowmageddon

 The pictures this week posted in reversed chronilogical order.  We spent the Sabbath wrestling and throwing each other around.


Eddie and Ryan are in the same weight class, so they go and go and go.
Meg faced timed us, and Nick kept in her in the loop with the matches.  I totally schooled Maisie and Nick.  I think they were afraid to break me.
Saturday Andy wrestled at 132.  He was pinned.  Rats!
Friday I took pictures of my lovely Christmas cactus.  I think she is so lovely.  Every single leaf has a bud.  I suppose I would be blooming from every leaf if I sat in the sun, rested when necessary, listened to my care taker coo at me, and drank lots of fortified water.  Hmmmm.  I should make that happen for myself.  You just watch my growth.

We bought our valentines and promptly came home to make them.  Ryan ripped all of his in half, after he had carefully written names.  He misunderstood how to use those little hearts; we'll have to try again.
Wednesday Andy wrestled very well.  He lost in the last few seconds.
Tuesday was our first field trip -- The Clarkdale Copper Art Museum.

We learned all about copper and it's importance to our city's history.
Austin fixed the fireplace, so the children pulled up their tables and chairs and studied in the cozy atmosphere of true winter.
See!  It snowed!  Molly was the first one out both days and the last one in.  She mostly ate the snow, but she isn't sick, so that's a bonus.



Monday morning Molly begged for crepes; I was nice; she ate tons of cream.
Rain!  Our dearth is real.  The monsoons didn't come this summer, which left our dessert even more parched than ever.  We've been praying for rain, and our local leaders have even asked that we fast for more.  We will; we will combine our faith to make rain come.  
I have faith that it will.  Let's just say that all my prayers are answered.  One time a family member was complaining about his job and location.  I asked him what his ideal move would be.  He told me, I told him that I would pray for his miracle and it would happen, and he belly laughed in my face.  I did pray for his dream location, and in less than a year he was headed right to that spot.  Clearly it was all God's plan, and clearly He listens to the small and big details, so it really wasn't my faith that made this miracle come about, but it was God's timing (To be sure, I wanted to call him and remind him about our conversation and that all my prayers are answered, but it really wasn't my doing.  And just between you and me, I'm always right and he's always wrong.  Always.).  Still, rain will come.  Especially if I start toting an umbrella wherever I go.  (I really want a pink one like Hagrid's, so I can inconspiculously use my hidden magic tendancies.  More on those later.) 

No comments: