Every year the Polar Bear Plunge is the worst game, but we play it. We invited our friends -- the event was a delight. With 15 boys among the families, wrestling was inevitable.
These are the survivors.
(Yes! I added the link, so there is no more copy and paste to see the video links.)
Austin took the big kids on the loop. Meg fell into cacti -- she was thrilled.
While they went out, we stayed in a bowled. 212 was my new high score. Molly did bowl and double.Austin titled his dinner, "Fruti di Mar." Various fish and sauces kept us all guessing and content.
Piles of shells were all that remained.
Grandma and Grandpa feasted and worshipped in our annual nativity. Next year I will prepare and make this event the most anticipated of the day. Just wait. I better write it down, so that I remember.
Maddie wanted to make special cookies for Santa. She did.
While she decorated, we all stood around the counter and took a deep breath. Our home and hearts were ready to make Christ the center of our celebration.
Maisie helped Molly write a note to Santa. We have fewer and fewer Santa believers. She still believes.
All the wrapping was done earlier in the week, so after the children filed to the basement to sleep, I talked Austin's ear off. I have no idea what I told him, be he just sat a listened for a really long time. That was so nice of him.
I like Christmas Eve better than Christmas, because excitement rings in every voice and laugh, and Christ is not forgotten. Before the presents come pouring out, we don't forget Him. How can I change this I wonder?
















No comments:
Post a Comment