Monday, June 24, 2024

Endless Summer

We love having Maisie home this summer, she makes Nick and Maddie sing with her at the piano.  Why would anyone want to accompany and belt songs with others.  Where did she learn this?  Wierd.

Little friends.  We read.
We puzzle.  We practically have this Costco puzzle memorized.  I sat for two hours and just vibed.  
The popcorn on the apricot trees fruited and ended up as fruit leather.  The children love it.
Summer monsoons mean building shelters and weathering the weather.
Could our pool be any more perfect? No.
 Maddie got braces.  She didn't even know it was happening this morning.  So funny.

I found Molly's written testimony in her room.  Treasure.
The boys decided to use pocket knives and scrape the edge of their dresser.  KILL.
John, Rebekah and their seven children came for a long weekend.  We had so much fun.  

We hiked the lava tubes.

Followed by a picnic.
Nick took all the children for free slushies at Maverick.
We floated the river.

We said goodbye to our European traveler.  We have loved her home for two entire months. She's so excited to go.

And we swam. And swam.  And swam.
Austin pulled Dottie's tooth; she didn't even notice when he pulled it.
Rainbow hair for Molly.  
Nick and I share stake meetings -- he drives me home.  I crochet.  He's a goat.
We played games.
We had family choir.
We exercised.  
We had so much fun.  John's children were kind, respectful, thoughtful, helpful, not annoying and a joy.  Austin said it best, "They didn't bug me.  I would have them back.  I hope they come again."
 

No comments: