Sunday, June 16, 2024

Maddie's Quince

Maddie is 15!  We threw her a surpirse party that she didn't know about until one of her friends told her about it.  So, it was a little bit of a downer for her, because that meant that she didn't get to go shopping with Grandma, and that she had to stay home to catch up on geometry instead.  
We only invited a few friends, they are her favorite ones.  Austin smoked a ton of meat which paired perfectly with lots of veg.  The kids swam, splashed, screamed and soaked each other.



The boys found pet frogs.
Sunday morning -- Maddie's real birthday -- was all about presents and wolfing down waffles.  

We did stop to take a picture of the group.  Maddie was quite tickled with her gel set from Grandma Kim, her Babe Lash and her chamois.  


Because Father's Day landed on her birthday, we spent a few minutes honoring Austin.  Meg made this movie for him.  Dad
After church we celebrated with another feast including the grandparents.  Maddie wanted BLTs and homemade peanut buttercup ice cream.  So good.


Maddie's Song

The new gel set was put to good use, and we spent the evening singing all the fathers' songs and birthday songs during choir.
Ryan:  I love Maddie because she plays with me.

Eddie:  I love Maddie because she buys us stuff.

Maisie:  I love Maddie because she's chill about the huge mess I make in her room.

Molly: I love Maddie because she is never bothered when we bother her.

Nick:  I love Maddie because she's a good friend and buddy in seminary and high school.

Mom:  I love Maddie because when she decided to so something, she does it, especially when it gets hard.

Dad:  I love Maddie because of the same reason as Mom, but also because she works so hard.

Maddie's piano is magical, her school exceptional, her sports unbeatable, and her attitude quickly changeable.  She's a peach.  She's a very lovely 15.

 

No comments: