Sunday, August 31, 2014

August Ends

Well, this month is over which means we are a month into school.  Everyday by 7:15 am the school kids are out the door and it's the littles and me left to love each other.  

After a second round of morning scriptures Ed and I often play in the rain.

And then the kids come home and its three hours of homework, dishes, lunches, bed time and it begins again.  Thursday I found myself wondering if there is something that the children are missing: whether the environment at home makes a difference in their schooling, and if I'm doing a diservice because I have seven.  And then the phone rang twice.  Both Maddie and Nick's teachers called to say that they were chosen student of the month.  So what I do in every moment -- feeding both body and spirit -- is just right.



 Andy's artwork is hanging in the front office.  His is that hairy man just above him.
 And!  This is terrific!  I've finally found a task that is perfect for passing the time between when we get home and when Bishop gets home -- we write letters!  It's brilliant.

1 comment:

Plant Girl said...

You should never doubt yourself, or the decisions you've made. Your children are so well behaved, well-mannered and thoughtful. You've done an amazing job raising them and they will all be incredible adults because of the guidance and love you've given.