Tuesday, December 20, 2011

A Glorious Name

"Mom" is the second word, only to their own names, that I teach my preschoolers to recognize and write. So for years and years I've found my title and beloved name on various scraps of paper and beautiful hand-crafted artwork. Maisie is particularly generous with her art and thus her praise. Here are some examples of her work, framed beside my clock.

Today however, I found my name on a lovingly labeled a well-used tool.


What deductions can be made from this labeling?
1. What is mine is mine, and Maisie knows not to use my tools. Which means she no longer has to scour the "duck" bathroom Saturday mornings, because she doesn't have the proper equipment.
2. She must really love me. That nice girl of mine stopped her cleaning to lovingly inscribe my name, so she could think of me while she worked.
3. She really wrote "Wow!" on that tag. Maisie loves cleaning our facilities.

I don't even want to guess why she did it. All I know is that I am not going to ask her; I'm already tired thinking about cleaning all 3 bathrooms tomorrow.

1 comment:

Natalie said...

LOL LOL LOL LOL! I'm going with #3. SO funny!