Monday, December 5, 2011

Christmas Devotional

Last night we watched the Christmas Devotional. Both Maddie and Nick fell asleep (and slept the entire night) which made the devotional the first one in many years that I listened to in its entirety. We felt the love of our Savior.

Lessons learned: Trying to create the perfect holiday season is like playing jenga -- the situation is as precarious as it is impossible. And, we need to read these three books as a family this month: The Book of Luke, The Christmas Carol, and The Mansion.

After church, just before testimony meeting.


We ate popcorn, apples and celery with peanut butter while we watched.

(FYI: Kindle has the Dickens and Van Dyke novels for free.)

2 comments:

Plant Girl said...

I love that analogy--how creating the perfect holiday season is similar to playing jenga. We hit the road next week for Michigan and I'm already feeling the pressure/anxiety of having everything go smoothly. Which I know it won't. ;)

Natalie said...

OK. I love--LOVE--your Christmas card and the festive blog. Nice one! Um, on my screen, your text is black on black. But I squinted for all I was worth and deciphered your Christmas wishes. Good thing, too, because I was inspired and uplifted, just as I always am when I talk to you.

...Call you in a second...