Saturday, December 24, 2011

Christmas Eve

Today was a whirlwind -- food to make, projects to complete, presents to wrap, house to clean -- and Austin was gone for 5 plus hours of it. So I headed to Guymon's house feeling a bit abused and completely lacking of the Christmas spirit. However, as we prepared costumes for the nativity, the peace of this season filled me. Then as we acted out the scriptures, then Mom bore her testimony, and Dad expressed his joy, I felt the reality of Christ's birth and gloried the the beauties of this season.



Afterward the kids opened their first gifts of the season, jammies. They are all trying to fall asleep now. Me, I am trying to stay awake. Luckily Mrs. Claus solicited help from Santa last night, and they are well on their way to a visit from Santa that should take 15 minutes, max.


To bed I go, not before some carrots, cookies and milk, and a long shower. I am expecting tomorrow to be filled with love, joy and good eats. God bless us, every one.

1 comment:

Natalie said...

Thanks for posting this tonight! I really needed it. I'm up for the long hat,l so I'm extremely jealous of your 15 minute duty and hot shower. Merry Christmas! xoxo