Saturday, November 26, 2011

Hap Thanksgiving

This year Austin brined and roasted and delicious turkey.



Mom and I made six pies, each one a different flavor.

Maddie and I set the table.

A total of 16 guests feasted on food enough for the usual fifty.


Lots of eating means lots of resting. I was asleep well before 8 pm, and my kids came in to kiss me goodnight.

What a wonderful Thanksgiving. Mom's cooking was never better.
(This is pilgrim, Maisie, with real Native Americans at her school program and her happy spectators. )


2 comments:

Rachelle said...

Ron just said, "Oh, it seems like another lifetime living in that house." Ah, thanks for the pictures, truly a treasure!

Natalie said...

LOVED seeing what I missed out on. A few things: Austin needs to use some gloves when he touches that raw bird :) ; Austin's bird was GORGEOUS, so he must not have needed gloves; I hope he washed the "Blow" bucket when he was done with it; the table looked beautiful, but not as pretty as Maddie's sweet smile; Maisie is the cutest pilgrim I've ever seen, and it would take 18 of her to make one small Native American; I just need to kiss Nick; and I wish we were in your world. xxoo