Sunday, April 5, 2009

Conference Weekend

This weekend we've spent 6 hours listening to conference. Here is the moment in which we are eating popcorn, inflicting leprosy upon Andy, and trying to listen.



As a side note: While in Utah for spring break, we visited temple square and spent some time in the offices of the presidency of the 70. We spent probably 15 minutes in the office of President Neil Anderson, so my children were especially tickled when he was called as our newest apostle. Elder Anderson told us stories about the pictures on his walls, including an unusual picture of President Monson and an original oil painting of the "Baptism" painting. Perhaps the most endearing comment he made was when he told Natalie and I that we are doing exactly what we should be --having children and raising them correctly. I did feel the reassurance of the Spirit as he told us that. I hope my children will recognize this special connection that have with Elder Anderson.

2 comments:

Ron and Rachelle said...

That is really cool about visiting Elder Anderson's office! Little did you know...

Looks like you guys were scraping for Conference activities just like we were! Nice leprosy Andy! We had fun taking stickers out of Becca's gagging throat, trying to complete a conference packet of activities (it was worth a try), eating snacks, play dough, etc etc etc...for three kids four and under, I feel it went well! I wish my teeth hadn't been aching...Austin said I may be grinding them at night. Maybe I have been stressed with all this job hunting and poor Ron who has been so busy are school...a lot of worrying lately. But Conference helped calm my nerves and I know we will be taken care of. It's just hard to be patient sometimes.
Ron watched the boys while I ventured with the baby to CA. A much appreciated trip.

Stacey said...

what a neat experience for your family.