Monday, June 23, 2025

Summer Week #5

Another beautiful week filled with rejoicing in Jesus Christ.
Elder Babcock began his home MTC experience.  Monday morning we glided into the gym at 6:30am and began lifting and working out.  Later, he sat for hours at his desk on ZOOM learning and listening to his instructors and other elders.  Day after day the spirit worked within him, and we felt it.  He's going to be an amazing missionary teaching and testifying of the redemptive power of Jesus Christ.
Breakfast of champions.
The Standifirds came to visit.  They were here less than 48 hours, but we drank up every bit of them.  Molly lives her best life with cousins just her age -- as do Eddie and Ryan. 
We experienced scripture reading FIRST!  It was suggested that because our CFM section was only seven verses, that everyone would choose a partner and then read back and forth each work.  I think my father would have been proud of our adaptation and interpretation.  Smug.
Jude-baby loved Nick.  Nick loved Jude.
Best buddies.
Best sisters.
Wednesday night Nick was set apart, and our dear stake president came to perform that holy ordination.  The children were very reverent and the experience was quite sacred.
Cousins.
Thursday came and Maddie and I were off to YW camp 2025.  I was in charge of the entire stake event, and it was possible because the Lord magnified my efforts and gave me such phenominal women with whom to work.  Maddie was an impressive leader and a light.   Here are a few high lights.
Lame leaders who don't dance.
Awesome YW who know how to have a dance party.
I brought my own floatie for the lake.


Spiritual moments.
In all my "free time" I taught girls to crochet and and I braided so many heads of hair.
Of course there was drama.  Of course there were tears.  Of course there were moments of intense trauma dumping during testimony meeting.  STILL!  I'm confident that the YW came away with a greater knowlege of the love Heavenly Father has for them, that living in covent relationship with Jesus Christ brings happiness in this life and eternal salvation in the life to come, and that they are disciples of Jesus Christ with the agency and power to daily and eternally progress.

No comments: