Monday, June 16, 2025

Summer Week #4

Every weekday morning, Austin drops Eddie off at the pool at 6am where he swims for two hours.  I snuck in early just to peek at his progress, and he looked so fluid and confident in the water.  GOAT.
We have a fun friend that comes a couple times each week, and when he's here, the boys have no need for devices or screens.  Keep that Tristan coming back.  Molly tags along, and doesn't miss a beat.
I spent eight hours preparing for Girls Camp next week.  These lanyards look innocent, but five hours later.......
Wednesday morning I had the privilege of taking Ryan and the activity day boys on a quick Sedona hike to a watering hole.  So fun.
They found fish, wild huckle berries and ate millions of snacks.
Hours later, the Armstrongs and Andy arrived for the weekend.  The usual drill of pool, food, easy conversation and lots of laughter fell right into place.
We love being together.
Thursday morning we left Meg and the babes and headed on our annual overnight backpacking trip to Indian Maiden Falls.  Our numbers our dwindling.

Camp for the day/night.


Three miles up river and we settled on the rocks for several hours to jump and swim.  I did not freeze this year, and I jumped twice.  Austin dove off.  Nick and Andy backflipped.  Molly jumped several times.
It's a beautiful tradition.
He's pretty darling.
They're pretty darling.
Our darling friends.
More handsome boys.
I was jealous of Molly floating with Austin -- I wanted to kick her out, but I just couldn't.
Sweet Katie -- she's one of a kind.
Back in the late afternoon.  Austin and Elijah cooked us the best food.
Following Austin down canyons and up rivers is never dull or easy, but always epic.  I follow him to the ends of the earth and back.
Maddie made the photos!  The big kids chatted and just relaxed.  I was a bit misplaced; I don't know why.

The morning after sleeping in a hammock.
I slept SO well.  Like a full eight hours.   I missed Ryan's wandering, Eddie's solution and the hammock fails.  I crept around camp taking pictures of the sleeping hikers.





Cleaning up.
We were back to the cars at 7:45 am (I made the mistake of trailblazing and got our group lost.  EESH.  I know it's best to just follow Austin.  Why did I not?).  Meg and the shining twinnies were waiting for us outside and had breakfast piping hot inside.  Coming home to a clean and refreshing meal was invigorating.  "You did this for me everyday, Mom.  It's nice, isn't it?"  Indeed, it's nice.  It's been a while since I was nurtured in the ways that I nurture.
Saturday afternoon, we all headed to the House of the Lord where Nick received his endowment from the Lord.  Austin and Nick.
We had several friends join us in this sacred event.  Nick was everything reverent and mature.
Our family.
Melijah celebrated their fourth anniversary.  Baby #3 due in November.
Nicholas Austin Babcock -- named after his mother and father -- cleansed and ready to waltz into adult-mortal life armed with power and glory.  He shines.
The nice grandparents that support and teach and guide.
Saturday morning we were up early watching Maddie play and win in a flag football tournament.  My boys laughed through the whole event, but she's a star.
HOT!  Austin did bring us a canopy, which was our only saving grace.
Of course we swam all afternoon.
Andy and Nick came up with new games.  Chariot races were afoot.

Leaning trust falls.

Sheer happiness.
Sunday morning Nick spoke in church and testified of the power of the Book of Mormon and of Jesus Christ.  He's ready to go.
Ryan still sits on my lap after most meals.  Actually, he finds my lap whenever I'm sitting.
Sunday evening we spent in the backyard playing football and jumping on the tramp.
Just like old times.

No comments: