Austin and I have been married 24 years! We spent the day fulfilling all the duties that marriage has to offer -- work, children, reality and duty. At least we're in it together, because we really have been blessed to create beautiful life.
Nick went ot his last day of summer HVAC grind.160* F is still the record of an attic in which he worked.
Maisie conjures up quite a bit of fun. An evening swim with pergola jumping. The water to cold this week, so they were in and out in a jiffy.
Wednesday it was time to craft. Ryan and Molly helped me make giant pencils out of pool noodles.
Because, we needed a table decoration for our annual "Back to School" dinner. I battered and fried up some delicious corn dogs -- not really a crowd favorite -- but they devour them at lunch. We practiced our cursive signatures and colored our placemats.
Thursday Nick and Maddie were back at MUHS. Nick is a SENIOR! Maddie is a SOPHMORE!
They are nice. They are kind. They are goood. They are true.
Off together.
Molly comforted me with a book and a nap.
Maisie found a book that is a grind -- I read it when Eddie was a baby and have not revisited it. We decided to watch the 2002 movie version. She commented, "The movie is way better than the book." She right, and we both know that rarely happens.
Saturday we spent the day shopping. Minus the bus not starting, needing a new battery and a nice lady named Tilly who rescued us, the day was really successful. I do know that 109* F in the shade is still very hot. (Notice Austin's stress.)
Nick bought us coconut Helados to help manage the heat while waiting for Austin to solve all mechanical problems.
I found a TEAM USA sweatshirt in my color. Bought it.
I found a Klimt at Ross. Bought it. Nick bought five huge bouncy balls that kept Ryan, Nick and Molly at bay. Maddie also took Molly to all the stores where she wanted to meander. Maisie and I found slacks and sweaters for her upcoming mission. Austin stayed stressed -- he really wanted the car to start so we could get Eddie.
Then, we picked Eddie up from his solo flight back from wrestling camp. Our very vocal prayers were heard. We found Eddie, and the bus got us home.
I learned how to make granny squares yesterday -- nine down. Probably 30 to go....I need another 4 hours of straight crocheting to even make a dent.
We were all dressed in blues today.
Her mission flag arrived.Eddie took the opportunity to hug those open arms.
We used the spirit of our fast to pray for Jim, Ale and their babies. Austin also gave each of us father's blessings to start our new school year. Huge beginnings always seem daunting to me -- I just need to get started. Ryan and Molly helped me prep all our materials and clean out the library. We are set to start tomrrow.
Meg and Elijah shuttled Eddie to and from camp -- very nice of them. They also listened to his concerns and loved him. They are so good at that.
Andy went to the YSA concert and went out with a really nice girl.

























No comments:
Post a Comment