Monday, August 5, 2024

Summer Ended

School is in full session this week.  My three little scholars are hard at work.  My goal: to teach them the proper ordering of affections and priorities while shaping their characters and overall development.  I often remind myself that I'm not alone in my pursuit -- when I partner with the heavens, life isn't smooth, but it's restful.

Second Grader
Fifth Grader
Seventh Grader
Recess.
A spontaneous investigation.

My pumpkin plant is growing on the outside of it's cage.  I think she's lovely.
We read a biography about Jane Austen.  Eddie built a replica of her.  Can you see the dest and ink well?
Annual run to Walmart for supplies.  
Science.
Group project -- "I'm the richest old lady in the world, and I own all the major companies that make me a lot of money.  I have a golden dress and and servant."
On the daily.
I was nice and invited a few friends for Friday-night fun.  
Maelynn and Molly at the cutest little besties.  They talk nonstop and barely took a breath to take this picture.
 Austin removed Maisie's wisdom teeth -- she had three.  Her little face is swollen, but she's kind and and nice.
We swam as a family on Saturday afternoon, and it was glorious.

Molly still travels and visits every lap on our bench.  Nick's cute expression is my favorite.  He teases her with all sorts of noises and threats, and she just eat him up.
In honor of the Olympics, Ryan focused on his inner Simone Biles. Ryan's Wolf Spin
Sunday evening we were all together.  
Andy went on a date with a lovely girl.  She goes to the temple weekly, so he's going to try to slip into her temple run.  We'll see what happens.  I was so jealous to see him sitting on my mother's couch between her and Sis, they are so good to love him.

Meg is on the fresh milk grind.  We've both tried making yogurt, and the Instant Pot makes the process simple.  I'll let you know how it goes.


No comments: