Monday, August 28, 2023

And Then There Were Five

Our first FHE without Maisie made our family seem rather small.  We studied the principle of charity, and we each decided a way in which we could practice it.  
Very few pictures this week.  Our weather is finally cooling, so we often find ourselves outside after dinner.  
Family choir took on quite a different note -- they prepared for Nerf battle, whilst our songs were preparing us for spiritual battle.
Nick and Maddie's first swim meet was canceled.  Eddie and Ryan decided to play tackle football in the family room -- Ryan ended up with a black eye, and Eddie ended up with a fat and bloody lip.  Molly has a new magic trick with an illusion box.  She took it to church and practiced her magic on her favorite friends.  Austin finished the trim in Nick's room.  

Meg's babies are 15 and 17 ounces.  Her pretty little belly is growing.  Maisie spent the week at her house, "I helped her meal plan.  Elijah and I also helped her understand that she has all the time in the world to become good at whatever she wants."
Andy called for just a few minutes.  He was really tired, because it's transfer week, so he shuttled elders in the wee hours of the morning.  
Maisie is thriving at BYU.  She attended the football game, spent hours playing volleyball and basketball, and went singing in the tunnel.  "I went to bed at 3am, so when my alarm for church went off at 7:30am, it felt like a nap."

I'm still adjusting to Maisie's departure.  I was shocked to not see her leading the music this week.  We didn't hear any Taylor Swift or quiet guitar.  "It feels like a summer camp, but I think all that will change when classes start on Tuesday."

 

No comments: