All free moments in school were spent plaing Monopoly. Eddie is still winning, but I suggested that they don't trade with him.
Cora and I went to the temple together. I am happy for the company, and she is an easy companion.Austin and I found ourselves in the gym together, but working indepently.
Maddie and Nick had picture day. Nick was very dissatisfied with his hair and clothing; Maddie had the same vibe. Whelp, I hope they smiled at least.
Maisie took the week off to pack and prepare for BYU. We all went to Walmart together. Molly's bluelight glasses were hysterical. Throwing bags of candy into and playing tag was a bit much, but I managed to bring them all home, so....
Molly's room is coming along. I think her pink bedding is so cute.
We really tried to soak up all of Maisie's goodness.
Molly lost her first tooth! Just listen to her siblings cheer her on. Molly's Tooth Isn't family so sweet? The smallest loss becomes the greatest gain when you're loved.
Stake conference choir practice. Maisie is off on Fridays, so she comes to HIGH with me. I especially love hearing her sing to the Taylor Swift songs.
Friday afternoon we found more games and more togetherness.
Friday evening we found more togetherness.
And more.
And more.
Later Friday evening. They just couldn't get enough.
Saturday we drove to Utah to move our little 17 year old collegiate into the dorms. She had so much stuff, that she barely fit in her space.
Luckily the guitar fit.
We got her unpacked and moved it.
Cute little coed.
Saturday night we drove to mother's house for comfort, bed and breakfast. We also went to church with her, and then we flew home.
They were awaiting us upon our return.
Meg was so sad that Maisie was moving out -- I suppose she knew what was really happening, "You know, they never really come back," was Austin's assessment.
Andy's call was filled with his chatty sisters. They giggled about past adventures and all seemed lighter laughing together.
I found myself awake at all hours of the night, sobbing about the relocation of another child. I knew they had to go, and I was warned that it would go quickly, but I barely got to love and kiss and soothe them. I am confident that they can face all of life's challenges, because they know Jesus Christ personally.





















No comments:
Post a Comment