FHE this week was spent outside picking apples at Grandpa's. The children ended up throwing and romping about that I sent them all to the car -- except Molly.
The very next evening, I made this apple pie!
Grandpa came over and gave a little engineering lesson to the boys. They are designing a carrying box for my water bottles. Later that morning, Ryan offered Eddie $3 to do his map work. Eddie readily agreed, but their professor did not.
This little girl has been perfecting her cartwheels and back walk-overs. I asked her to get me Walmart bag, and I watched her cartwheel twice down the hall -- just because she could.
Elijah introduced these buddies to the world of Monopoly. They spend hours at it. "Don't do deals with Ed -- he'll scam you." Eddie does win, but that easy going Ryan still plays and enjoys a good game.
We gave Chicago tickets to B & D for their birthdays, and Wednesday night we went. Maisie would shout between each song, "Inspire me!" Truth: I only knew three songs, but when those songs came on, boy, the entire audience lit up.
Loving live music with lifeless hair.
Grandpa's eyes are closed, but he was so nice to come with us.
More morning Monopoly. "I won the pot!" Molly danced about elated with her dominance.
Molly learned how to blow a bubble!
We're soaking up Maisie.
We swam in our deliciously refreshing pool.
We planted our winter garden.
Friday night Nick's friend took out out city main and back flow manifold. Huge torrents of water were gushing down our driveway. AHHHH! Luckily, Austin was home and knew just what to do. Molly was concerned, so we prayed, and our prayers were answered.
I made this sunflower wreath this week.
One might critique that it's too early for pumpkins, but a good sister reminded me, "It's
Ryan begs for games Sunday mornings, and Austin always stops to play.
Maddie beat all the girls in her swimming time trial! She
This little BYU-bound girl is heading off. Naturally, the boys spend many moments torturing her. Eddie turned off the gym lights whilst she was running on the treadmill. Ryan interrupted her music whilst she was working in the kitchen.
Austin and Nick took after Nick's room this week -- tearing down the trim and patching holes. We are going to upgrade his full bed into a queen as well. They work so hard together. I'm just glad we have a big boy at home.
And a few other ditties: While shopping for a new mattress, Eddie and Ryan "tried out" every mattress in the store. Nick flexed and demanded, "Look at my pecks!" Molly begged, "Hold me." Grandpa reminded us that perpetuating conviction is a great work. Someone burned a hole in my plastic glue-gun box lid.
Andy and Meg's updates are shared this week. I just listened while they shared the good things they're learning. These two work hard, study hard, pray hard, laugh hard, dream big and go big. Their interaction is entertainment alone.
No comments:
Post a Comment