My Halloween fun failed this year. Luckily Maddie knew how to make fun things happen. We've been on the "Just Dance" kick for a while. She found us spooky holiday songs.
This year we dressed up as "Dr. Babcock." I think I'm so clever; he we a good sport. The community took real well to my little joke. I sewed our scrubs from black sheets, and the bald caps were just the ticket.We only have 3 children under 12, so only 3 buckets of candy were collected.
This is how we finished the night -- perfectly. I was brought a book about tongues, and together we devoured it, licking up every last word.
I really don't eat candy, it's still all about the cookies.
Maisie and I finished the night writing her BYU essays. She had them all written, but we needed to finalize them. To bed at 12 am and up again 5am, but she got it done!
Our jack-o-lanterns grew spookier over the coming days. The black furry mold and shrunken heads were so gross, The leaking pumpkin juice was the best bit. Nick was charged with wiping up the mess, so of course he chased Molly around with the mold rag and threatened to make her eat it.
It's permit time for this cute boy. $7 and 20 minutes later, this boy is good to go.
I let him drive home, but we were both stressed out. Austin! Drive training is your job, because I did all the potty training.
Thursday was sectionals. Nick didn't quite make it to state, but he ran so fast.
Maisie and Makena led their team to state qualification.
It was just a tough race, because the conditions were freezing.
More dancing for PE.Sundays are cold, so out comes our holiday clothing.
We spent the evening with the yard. Maisie and I wrapped up in quilts and watched the friends.
Mostly the balls were dropped.
Melijah moved to Pocatello this week to take over a business. She looks cold when she facetimes. Meg is keeping busy making progress in her academics; she will graduate in April.
Andy's call revealed that he's now a zone leader, and he's headed to an new area in Kentucky. He is excited to lead through love. He let his companions shave his head to #4 -- he assured me that a #4 is the shortest you can go and still be obedient. He's a goat.🐐
Do I obey just to behave, or do I obey to become?



















No comments:
Post a Comment