Monday, October 24, 2022

Facts

It's a fine assessment that I blog Sunday night.  From now on, I will include Sunday as the final day in my blog -- ending the week with a day of rest and worship instead of beginning it.

FHE = CFE
Many of us have runny noses and loss of energy.  We just spent time on the floor reading together.  No wonder the pattern of fathers/mothers teaching faith to their children began with Adam.  It's so sweet to teach where Jesus Christ enters the stories of prophets, and then testify where we find Him in our lives.

Tuesday-Friday my scholars studied the laws of flight.  We read several books about the Wright Brothers and watched a few documentaries as well.  Here they are defying all they learned about the physics of flight.  Somehow, though, they do look like they are flying.


Wednesday Nick and Maisie raced.  She came home with a medal around her neck and collapsed on the floor.  She cried for a few minutes, picked herself back up and got to work studying and writing college etnrance essays.
Maisie and I minister to a Cora who turned 90 this week.  We celebrated her during lunch at Plaza Bonita.  We got to know each other better.
(She started crying when the proprietors came out to sing to her.)
That night I taught a few RS sisters how to bake bread.  I knew Cora was coming, so I decorated for her party as well.

Maddie requested soup bowls for dinner, which also happened.
Molly found Austin's glasses and decided that she looks just like him.  
Austin and his crew ripped out the basement carpet.
Then he floated the floor to make it level enough to lay new flooring.
Friday Austin took the three oldest to a haunted house in Phoenix.  I took the three youngest to a Halloween party.  
We cleaned the church building Saturday morning, and I had to take a picture of Austin's campaign signs proudly up and advertising.  
As he was demo-ing the cabinetry, a huge side landed just on his little toe.  I'm sure it's broken, but  somehow he keeps working on home projects (but in flip flops).
I was in charge of our stake barn dance.  We invited youth from other stakes, and they came.  The event was delightful.   Austin and I taught the kids how to two-step, and we watched Maisie and Nick enjoy themselves.
Post-church photo
We took some time in the afternoon to carve pumpkins.

Spooky. (Please find Nick and Maddie, since they were not adequately represented in the above photos.)
I filled my crown braid with glitter.  Today was a braid day because I fed everyone, dressed them, myself included, in just 69 minutes.  We were almost late to church because the bus wouldn't shift into gear, so we had to take two cars and speed.

No comments: