Saturday, December 25, 2021

Christmas Day

Merry Christmas 2021! 
The children awakened the parents with several carols and shouts of adoration.  We spent all the time we could opening presents and being thankful.  Of course Molly squealed, Ryan ripped into his candy, Eddie found the bikes on the balcony, Maddie quietly worked on her present pile, Nick encouaged and cooed at others' gifts, Maisie pined for her candy (She requested gold fish instead of candy, and Santa listened), Andy was very mature when all his gifts were mission-oriented, Melijah were so thoughtful and gave/made gifts for every person, Austin and I vowed that we were not going to exchange gifts, and we didn't.
Before.
During.

After.
Grandma B. always makes us the best breakfast. She works all morning, and we are so thankful and blesses.
Christmas piles of people -- I much prefer to piles of presents.
Grandpa questioned each person about their favorite gifts and listened carefully to their answers.


Three dirt bikes for the boys were the highlight.
Austin and Elijah were the resident trainers.  Andy was the only one who crashed.  He ripped his sweatshirt and bloodied several limbs.  Boomer.
It's a Christmas miracle!  Molly and I napped.  (The children were heard well after midnight.  She cried for ten minutes, "I'm not tired." I ignored her, and we both fell asleep.)
The afternoon was lazy with kids going in and out, football games on TV, and leftovers for meals.

Melijah promised these three a Circle K run.  Because they were leaving the next day, they took Mo and ran to get slurpees.  I think that was so sweet of them.
Once the day died down, the big kids gathered for their nightly snack/chat.
Elijah told us several mission stories and amped Andy up for the blessings of missionary service.  

This year was special because we still have a few believers in Santa, and we have a house filled with believers of Jesus Christ.  How blessed we are that we know what Molly reminds us daily, "Christmas isn't about presents, it's about Jesus being born."  Might I add, "God bless us, everyone."

No comments: