Sunday, September 12, 2021

Seattle Spartan

Austin took Andy, Maisie and I to Seattle to compete in a Spartan Beast.
It was wierd to mask up again.  They loved the shuttle.
Free Vietnamese lunch with our Priority passes.
Seattle -- it's still freezing with gray skies and a light drizzle.  
We headed downtown to Pikes.  We saw all the sites and tasted all the food.







This filthy market shop has an "excellent" rating for safety.  We were all really confused.
This skyscraper filled with glittering colors was so pretty.
Austin then toured us all around the city.  At Ballard Locks we watched a boat go through Lake Washington ship canal.  Up high.

Down low.
So many green trees filled the sky line.
The Troll

Gas Works Park


Dinner at Dick's -- we were already so full from the doughnuts, cookies, mac n' cheese, oysters, and nuts.
We made it to the hotel and found the Nelson family!  Little Mickey returned from his mission, so he and Austin are comparing Italian notes.
Izzy and Giu make me feel so loved.
Saturday morning we ran our Spartan Beast -- 13 miles and 30 obstacles.  Before.
We arrived early enough to see their girls race.
Giuli gave Natalie a muddy high-five.  I think she's the true Spartan -- she sits and waits all day for her family to complete the hard courses all the while wrangling her toddlers.  She's the true champion.
Winners!
We did not carry a camera while racing, but this is Austin stretching right after.
I sat on the grass and once again was loved by all the little people.
Catching up.
After.  Our racing day was filled with sunshine, pretty much the perfect weather.  I've never run 13 miles in one morning before, so I was really glad to be doing so.
Austin then toured us all around his old huants.
Grandpa's factory.
Their first house (our wedding reception was in this house).
Their second house.  (Seattle is so beautiful, but I'm so glad they are by us in the desert.)
After showering, we went to the new "Shang-Chi" Marvel movie.  We groaned after the movie -- our bodies were sore.
Up early for our travel home.
These five got themselves ready for church, and the neighbor took them.  Look how clean and managed they look!  Grandpa B. stayed with them this weekend, and they had the best time eating pizza, playing at several parks, and doing tricks at the gym.
Home again where we spent the afternoon together.  I'm boasting my Trifecta Tribe bling.
And, their evening game ended a blessed Sabbath day.
The two days we were apart seem so long, because I miss their warm bodies and loud voices.  BUT, I did sleep 10+ hours both nights.  I need two weeks of 10+ hours of sleep; I really do.

No comments: