Sunday, September 12, 2021

Not So Much

Not so much happened this week, yet so much happened this week.
Monday after school I found myself surrounded by mess and unfinished projects.  My afternoon mysteriously cleared, and I was able to clean it all up.  Thank you, Father.
Tuesday I finally took the annual picture of Andy and I standing back to back.  He seems even taller than last year.  He'll leave on his mission soon, so I just stop to stare and drink him in.  Ryan climbs into his lap these days and they just rub cheeks.  It's really sweet.  Big teenage boys still need physical touch, and younger siblings are the just the ticket -- especially when we aren't seeing eye to eye.
Nick's height is increasing as well.  Give him two good years, he'll grow.
Austin's nice assistant bought me some new nail polish,
so I paused Tuesday night to paint my nails -- another random space in my week.  The meager two coats did not stand a chance to my kitchen and hand-washing world -- off again Thursday night.
Wednesdays I coordinate playgroup/park day for three local wards.  I failed to send that text, partly on purpose, so we four went to the park and played so hard together.  Our best game is hide-and-go-seek.  Eddie was shocked I could fit in such a small nook. 
Little monkey.
That afternoon Maddie raced and took third.  She was a good 30 seconds from the front runner.  I was proud of her when she recognized, "It was not my best race, but I can do.better."  I thought she did so great.  Every time she gets up to that line, she displays more courage than I ever had.
That same night, the YW came for fondue and "Just Dance."  We were missing quite a few girls, but we still had a lovely time juntos.

Thursday I paused and took an art turtorial with Eddie.  Molly and Ryan were invited, but they gave up.  Austin was very impressed with Eddie's alligator.  
Friday was temple day.  We saw Mom B. working, and we felt the heavenly nourishment that floods our souls when we stop our world to make our monthly goal a reality.  I love to learn inside the temple.  
That same afternoon we swam with friends -- proof that we're social.  
Saturday morning we were up early for a XC meet in Flag.  Maisie and Nick both ran on the varsity teams.  Maisie's team took second!  Nick raced so well agaist grown men.




Here are our BFFs; we're blessed that our kids share the same interests.  I had to take a picture of our matching shirts with the wild flowers behind us.
After cleaning the office before we got home, I spent Saturday afternoon completing the smallest details on my biggest TO DO list: Finally, the wedding boxes are labeled and put away.  Finally, I stopped to catch up on YW details.  Finally, I put all the clean sheets back on beds.  And finally, Molly and I played with her BLUEY characters for 15 minutes.  (Luckily I followed the prompting to stop and watch a five-minute episode, so I knew that I needed to talk with a British accent and create all sorts of silly chaos with my character.  Naturally, I was the mom dog, Chilli, naturally.  I did make Molly belly laugh so hard because I was clever and fun and present. HA!  Sometimes I'm a fun mom.)
 

No comments: