Sunday, September 23, 2018

Super Fast

A million things needed to get done.  Here are a few:
Austin took down all the Homecoming decor.  I still have no photos of the magical evening in our backyard.
 Maisie used skeleton hands to eat her dessert.  That's funny.

 OK.  Austin made me these two credenzas.  I found the images on pinterest, and he created them.  The pumpkins look really cute on them.

 Maisie helped Maddie and me finish her climate project --it's even prettier in person.
Ryan and I are still resting every afternoon.
Eddie received the monthly award.  After his name was called, he walked to the front of the assembly, and the kids started chanting, "Eddie!  Eddie! Eddie!  Eddie!"  It was so cute.  I have never heard that happen before, and I've been to a lot of assemblies.
We were the spectators.
Then!  I drove to the airport and flew to Utah. Friday night we sat on the bathroom floor and gave manis and pedis.
Then!  We attended the new modern version of "Little Women" that was in theaters.  We sat in those comfy recliners and drank in the modernized-tale.  I recently finished reading the book, and I felt like the movie was "meh."  But, sitting beside all those valiant women filled my soul.
The midnight movie picture.
Saturday morning was the real reason I flew to Utah.  Emily received her endowments in preparation for her mission to Kenewick, Washington.
All ELEVEN of mother's children were in the temple together.  I did not see Daddy there, but at one point I knew he just had to be.  The covenants we make in the temple allow me to be bound to my family eternally.  We are hardly without faults, but we sure try to be quick to love.
Real-life "Little Women."
After the lovely temple session, we sat on the front porch for three hours and chatted away.  Ah.
John and Millie happened to be flying on a little trip together, so we waited for our flights -- that was lovely.
While I was away for those 36 hours, Austin went to the school three times on Friday.  Nice Nick also received the monthly awards.  He deserved it.
Meg and Andy raced and both medalled in the Nike Twilight event.  They are super fast.
I arrived home at 11 pm. and the house was clean and still.  Everyone was sleeping, Austin had worked so hard making sure both our roles were fulfilled while I was away.  He is a devoted father and husband.  I love him the most.

No comments: