Sunday, September 9, 2018

More of Everything

Monday we enjoyed a lovely FHE lesson about "Our Precious Gifts from God".  It ended with headstands.
 Meg was a little far from the wall.

 Tuesday morning baths were only complete with a bucket of toys individually thrown in by our streaker.
 This week I attended SIX parent-teacher conferences.  Each of my darlings are learning, growing, and thriving.  I live for these two weeks of the year, because all my efforts are rewarded with the nice comments of our teachers.  This Maisie scored a 100% on her standardized English test!  What?  Her teacher had never before seen 100%.  She told me, "That test is hard.  There is an essay portion included.  They make the test hard on purpose."  We are so proud of her.
 I really try to make meals that are healthy, satisfying and good.  Sometimes I win.  Sometimes I lose.  I won this night.
 Saturday morning was another XC meet in Flag.  This little potty trainer was so happy to piddle in her potty on the way.  Please bless one day she poops in this said potty.
 The best and only seat of the race.
 Andy finished in the top fifth of his JV race -- he improved his score by three minutes from two weeks ago.
 Meg finished fifth in her varsity race.  She improved her score by two minutes.  We ate hamburgers afterwards.
 This is Molly's foul wart.  I took her to the pediatrician, but the cold burning didn't work.  I decided to make an appointment with the dermatologist -- it's in six weeks.
 That wart is growing everyday.  So, I convinced Austin to numb it, laser it off and then I felt like we could wait the six weeks.  Here is the after.
 Sunday afternoon Grandpa came over (Grandma is sick).  We simply sat and chatted.  It was perfect.

Another valuable lesson I learned this week:

The perfect lie:  me + more = Christlike
I can never equal Christ.  But: me + Christ = more.

With Him I can do all things, and this is where I am happy.

No comments: