Sunday, May 14, 2017

Mother's Day 2017

I suppose I've reached a fairly significant summit when me and my children can barely fit into a selfie shot.
 Even when I turned the camera we cut out Molly.
Breakfast in bed was delicious -- this is my view from my pillow.
I got lonely, so I ate my food and headed out to the table.  Look at that candy card!
 They bought me a quail family for my yard, though a family of 10 birds was too expensive, so we settled for a family of seven.  I like this picture because the four boys are on one side, and the four girls are on the other side.
Molly and I spent time together in the Mother's Lounge.
I found this gem -- I'm sure it was taken during my 15 minute nap post church.
I love being a mother.  I felt a bit ripped off that instagram cropped all photos to not include all my darlings in one shot, but oh, well.  I think the hardest thing about being a mom is watching my kids have to stretch and grow and do hard things.  I think the easiest thing about being a mom is receiving all those kisses and songs.  I do love kisses and singing.  I thank Austin for making my motherhood dream come true, and I thank God for believing in me, even when He knew I'd mess up a lot, and cry a lot, and feel defeated most moments.  He knew that my stretching a growth is possible because of my calling as mother.

No comments: