Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Book Time

Tonight I had it had it! The girls' room was covered in books. I gathered them in a laundry basket to bring them back down to the library. While re-shelving them, I realized that these were the books we had read together this past week. Everyday after lunch I announce "book time," and Maddie runs to the library pulls as many books as she can carry, and we head to her room to read and nap. A mess of books in her room means nothing more than lots of time spent reading together. And that's a good thing. (Of course Nick and Maisie attend "book time" but bolt afterward when I start singing Maddie her lullabies.)

4 comments:

Natalie said...

I'm so proud of you for reading all those books! I must confess that if a book is too long or boring for me, I try to turn many pages at once. Then I practice my explanation in my head, should the girls ever call my bluff: "It's not you; it's me. I just really can't stand this book."

I want to attend Book Time and take a nap, too. I bet it's simply magical.

Angela Kahle said...

I had a similar experience with Sam last night. I love cuddling with my little man and reading a good book. Can't believe Maddy is that big!

Molly said...

PETE AND PICKLES!!!! I see it there, it's one of our all time favorites... Love the art, love the story, love love love it. And you of course too.

kim said...

I used to fall asleep (instead of the children)and catch myself mumbling... now I add drooling to my naps.