Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Out of the Mouth of Maisie

I found her sitting here, on my pantry shelf, while I made lunch yesterday. She also said some funny things:
"Nick, you must learn to control your temperature!"
"Look! (Staring at a picture of Dallin H. Oaks)Daddy Warbucks is in the Friend."
"Mother, may you please give me another piece of bikini bread." (She meant zucchini bread.)
"We haven't read scriptures today, we must so that we are safe from Sam." (In the song scripture power it says, "
Scripture power, keeps me safe from sin." She can never remember Satan's name; she calls him Sam.)
 
Posted by Picasa

7 comments:

Molly said...

In a quick response to your blog comments (also maisie is most adorable in your pantry and staying away from sam)

whoa whoa whoa... not my square foot garden... after last years "joys of feeding hedgehogs" i am out of the buisness this year and we are getting an exterminater while i am gone to remove and destroy the hedgehog. I grow flowers, mulberries, and strawberries but that's it. The square foot garden is a Sarah S. Garden. I am considering a squarefoot garden but i will have to put up deer netting in our yard. I felt like we lost a lot of money on the plants that i bought and going out to harvest and finding everything eaten is sad. You will love love love "The River Why" it has such a great happy ending!

woldway said...

Kids say the cutest things. Maisie is darling.

Angela Kahle said...

Never thought my son was so scary, but I'm glad Maisie remembers to read her scriptures to stay away from "Sam". I love it, keep the stories coming!

Natalie said...

ROTFL! Why, oh, why don't we live by you? I wish I happened upon Maisie in my pantry...

Ricky and Mindy said...

Dallin H. Oaks does look quite a bit like Daddy Warbucks. My favorite part, however, about that comment is the fact that Maisie is well enough versed with the ol' classic that we loved when we were jut lil' ones.

The Perry family said...

Maisie is too wonderful! I loved those!

Ryan and Andrea said...

Those sayings are adorable! I esp love the daddy warbucks one! Cute Maisie.