Monday, December 29, 2008

Happy Birthday #28

Today I am 28. I think that is old, but Austin turned 28 four years ago, and people around the community think I am older because I have so many kids. I can't for this summer when baby #5 arrives. Then they'll probably think I'm 37. All of this to say I had a wonderful day. I opened many gifts that arrived in the mail, and talked lots on the phone to people I love. Also I accomplished three goals -- a 30 minute exercise, 4 loads laundry, and 1 hour napping.

All children were happy helpers today. Meg helped me make eggs benedict for breakfast, Andy found Maisie's missing WEBKINZ, Maisie packed snacks for us to take to the restaurant, and Nick napped a good long time. Austin was at work by 7 am and came home just in time to take us to La Fiesta for dinner. Pictures from the restaurant.




9 comments:

Aaron and Amanda said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! I wanted to tell you yesterday in church, but didn't see you after the meetings. But, I hope you had a great day and enjoyed eating at La Fiesta. So, I'm going to Denver with Alex and Bryan tomorrow and then off to Chicago. I'll continue to check your blog frequently because your family is so cute :)

Natalie said...

Happy Birthday to the girl of my dreams. I'm glad you got the birthday of your dreams. I'm proud of you for being happy, even when celebrations are interrupted with everyday life stuff.

I was 28 this year...

Erin said...

wait, baby #5 next summer? are you expecting? clearly i am missing something ...

Lyndsey said...

Happy happy birthday Nicole dear. happy days will come to you all year. If I had a wish it would be a happy happy birthday to you from me.

Clev Clan said...

Ok so it is a late Happy Birthday, but I am glad you had a great day! We are excited to come in May, maybe we will have to go to La Fiesta when we are there!

Angi said...

Feliz Cumpleanos...at least I think that's how they say it at La Fiesta. And CONGRATULATIONS!!

Ron and Rachelle said...

Four loads of laundry is a big feat! Congratulations! When I inquired to Ron when I would see his pajamas in the bag for me to wash, he very nicely said he wasn't sure when he would see them again! Got a good laugh out of that one. Looks like a happy birthday. Hope you got our message...you might have been in bed already, sorry. We will talk to you soon!

Emily Guymon said...

Happy Birthday yesterday! I can't wait to see baby #5 and the rest of you!

Ryan and Andrea said...

Happy Birthday! Sounds like you had tons of fun. Wish we could celebrate w/you! Apparently I missed that you were expecting #5-wow! Congrats!

-Andrea