Monday, December 15, 2008

Christmas Projects

#1. Friday night I stayed up late to bake my nativity votives. The large votive has three wisemen and a camel. The medium votive has Mary, Joseph, baby Jesus, and angels. And the small votive has stable animals. Although there are many flaws, when tea lights are lit inside and the lights are dimmed, the votive ambiance is quite nice.



#2. For an entire year we've been saving orange juice lids in the top drawer by the sink. For FHE we made them into ornaments for our poderosa pine outfront. The kids had a fantastic time decorating the tree in the freezing temperatures. (Sibs, I totally stole the idea from "The Virge." I know you recognize the situation.)





#3. Austin finally dug up the last of the carrots. No extra care or attention was given to these carrots, only about an extra 3 months in the ground. No, we did not eat them.

6 comments:

Plant Girl said...

Your Christmas projects are amazing. You have always come up with the best ideas.

For years after you guys moved to OH, I'd make paper snowflakes to decorate our house/apartment in the winter. Every time I'd look at them I'd think of you.

Natalie said...

You do the greatest things! Magic is always happening in your world! How do you do it all?
I love all the projects, especially ornaments ala Virge. Love Andy's expression at Meg's kiss, Maisie's pout, and your beautiful votives! I bet they smell good, too.
Congratulations on being the awesomest girl/woman/wife/mother/everything in the entire world.

Clev Clan said...

You are awesome! What great ideas! Do you think your kids will try and eat your votives? My kids have already eaten most the candy off the gingerbread house. But of course "I didn't do it" is the common theme!

Erin said...

cool, i had never seen/heard of gingerbread votives ... like them.

WhitParks said...

WOWEE! Send me some of that miracle grow!

Ron and Rachelle said...

That is a carrot that Peter Rabbit could boast of! Amen to you being one of the most creative people ever! Kudos!