Sunday, March 16, 2025

Spring Break 2025 -- Utah or Bust

Saturday morning we had snow!  Our freeways were closed until 10am, so that's when we finally began our drive to Utah.  We arrived late in the evening, but sweet mother came home just after her stake meetings.  We were greated with an holy kiss and all felt right in the world.
Handy came over later that evening -- they spent the day skiing.
Sunday was stake conference in mom's stake -- which meant that the Standifirds and their six chillens and Jimmy and his three chillens were all settled in on a few pews in the American Fork Tabernacle.  Mother and I spent much of the meeting "quietly" with Jude and Sky.  Luckily, my children were behind me, so I just kept my fingers crossed that they were reverent and didn't even turn around.
The Armstrongs and Handy met us to simply rest and relax the rest of the afternoon. Ron, Ashley, Jimmy, and Cherie all came and went that evening.  Sundays in Highland are a vibe.  Mother gorged us on fresh bread and popcorn.  
I went with Mother to visit Aunt Mary, and Austin visited his Aunt Sallee and his cousins.  They look like Babcocks.  
We spent Monday exploring several of the gardens and exibits at Thanksgving Point.  The crowds were non-existent, so we meadered and meditated as much as possible.

The statues of Christ and Tree of Life exibit were quite touching.  Pondering sacred and ancient scripture out of doors -- where it would have actually happened -- stirred my soul.  I felt the love and compassion of Jesus Christ.
Winnie finally let Grandpa hold her.  She was pretending to feed him.  He liked it.
We rode the merry-go-round twice.
Nick looks like a giant compared to Molly.
The butterflies were quite friendly.  We each took a turn holding and studying their bright blue morphing wings.  Maisie and I chatted in the butterfly gardens.  She had a knife pulled on her this week, but they did have four friends come to church.  
Home where John and four of his eight children had arrived, plus two bonus cousins -- Ricky's two oldest girls.  These cuties had a sleepover and the best night of their lives.  They made cookies, spent all day Thursday shopping, and came home very happy and fulfilled.
Tuesday Meg brought her babes down whilst Mother and I sewed.  Our project turned out beautifully.  We spent much of the day in Dad's office so cozy and peaceful.  It was the perfect day to be inside, because a storm raged for much of the day outside.  More snow.  A delight.
That evening Austin and I went to dinner with Handy and her dad and step mom.  Of course we got along famously, and they are fast friends for sure.  Andy locked his keys in his running car, so that happened again.  He was embarrassed and hoped I wouldn't see him.....
Back to the blessed kitchen counter where we made plans for their wedding!  Saratoga Springs temple, August 2, 2025.  AYYAYAYAYA!
Wednesday we spent much of Wednesday at Meg's house.  She fed us a lovely lunch, and we actually played a few rounds of SKIP-BO while the babies napped.  She keeps her world very tidy and very happy.  What a dream girl she is.  Blessed Elijah provides so she can stay home to love those babies.  

Back to Mother's for yet another evening of lots and cousins and food.  I went around to each of the cousin groups and found them so happy together.
(Maisie received permission to text about her neuro-virus causing baby-vertigo.  I sent her essential oils, and we all prayed for her.)
Thursday morning we worshipped in the House of the Lord, because that's Mother's temple day.  Baptisms for the chillens, and an endowment session for their parents.  I felt known and loved by Heavenly Father during the instruction creation video.  "That is good."
Walking out.
That afternoon we all went to see "The Prince of Egypt" at the Hale Center Theater.  These nine goofballs sang and rocked out to all the music.  They couldn't even handle it -- neither could I.  (I did feel a wee bit sorry for the people around us.)

"Little Women" the musical was showcased in the lobby -- so I made Meg poise for her name sake.  (SIGH.)
We weren't in the other pictures, so we took a selfie in the parking lot.
Friday came, and it was time to drive home.  Our vacation was only beautiful.  These chower-heads cooed most about the mini-sweet peppers I pulled out for the ride.  The watched the entire "Avatar" series.
He listened to books on investing and ate carrots.   I crocheted and ate crackers.
Saturday we were home for Eden's wedding reception.  At one point we were all seated together, and I just had to snap that miracle.
My friend took a few to include me as well.  (62* evening air felt chilly....I'm dressed for winter.)
Sunday Maddie was the pianist in sacrament meeting!!!!!  (I had an assignment in Spring Valley, so she was the pinch hitter. I received several texts about her success.  That's a big deal!)
It's truly amazing that we don't need to go far to vacation fat.  We relaxed, loved, played, sighed and dreamed -- all surrounded by scores of family and eternal relationships.

No comments: