Sunday, January 26, 2025

Winter Grind

Ryan: "Dad, is it time to play a game?"
Austin: "Go choose one."
Eddie: "Maddie and Nick, it's time to play."
Sunday afternoons are never complete until we play a game.  Austin won Kingsburg.
We rushed home from church to hear Sister Haley Campbell give her mission farewell.  She spoke about the missionary tales she's heard from her family, and how excited she is to serve the Lord.
We also spotted Jace, Uncle Mike, Ron, Rick and Tessa in the "pop-up" choir.
Look who lives there and got to attend in person!  My people!
Brayden and Connor are indentical twins holding two sets of identical twins.  So much Guymon posterity.

Monday the annual snow fell!  Of course our little school stood still, and my little scholars ran outside to build a snowman and feel a little chilly.
Happy little boy holding his snow baby.
My week was so full of inside tasks and outside responsibilities.  Thursday's dinner as scrummy.
Friday morning we headed to ski.  Finn, Nick's friend came along.  He's an only child, so I only wonder what he thought of the clamor and chaos.
Lunch.
Maddie had an epic ski day -- she ran into a lady, crashed almost every run and seems to be improving.
Lift riders.
More lifts riders.
The mother with the stye and goggles.  I sat out half the day -- I just didn't have the headspace to fight the mountain.
Luckily, I found peace in Nephi's vision of the Tree of Life.  I know that I can be healed by the power of God.
Saturday we planned and executed our annual Brand New Year -- the youth of our stake headed to the Phoenix temple where they worshipped in the House of the Lord and then ate a delicious lunch.
Later that evening we put on a dance for 66 youth.  Those good teens had such a great time playing the games and vibing in the black lights.  My calling is rewarding as I watch these youth grow and progress.
Sunday we three found ourselves matching -- I asked if I dressed like Emma Smith on purpose. 😕

Maisie's update:

  • "All our friends dropped us."
  • She's still happy and very obedient.  She has so much faith.
Andy is living a beautiful life of school, work, dancing, temple, roller skating, skiing, and dating.  We are very happy about him.

Elijah started his new job, and Meg is so happy at home with her babies and her friend who lives upstairs.  They are certainly fulfulling the measure of their creation.
Cheese-touch baby Bea.

Sometimes in the thick of all of it I even talk to Austin -- mostly I'm just so grateful that he goes to work and still comes home to our crazy -- to me -- his crazy; that's very nice of him.

No comments: