Sunday, January 5, 2025

#New Year, New Me

10 am church means everything.  Austin and I slept in until 9:19am.  So good.  
These children are so happy to be there.
Maddie pulled out a puzzle and we worked on it several evenings.
And several mornings.
School days.

My sour dough bread is really special -- I brought the starter home from my mother, and Kimmie gave me those jars.  (I might have blogged this last week.  Either way, I'm really good at this game this year. Austin baked a batched with the proofing saran on it ...... we threw it all away.  I accidentally pushed "bake" instead of "proof" and almost wasted another batch the very next morning.  I gues I'm not very good at it. HAHAHHA!). The children request the cheesy-jalapeno variety; it's a good choice.
Andy left his Christmas letter.  I had to take a picture to document his mustache that he purposefully grew all week -- with the results that match Molly's artistic rendering exactly -- seven very sad hairs.
I was in charge of a youth meeting.  Discipleship is real.
Eddie took third in his tournament this week.  He's getting pretty good.
I spent an entire morning getting my Valentines decor up.  I thnk it's really cute this year.





Vegas Austin was a 28 hour vibe this weekend, including 10 hours of driving and 10 hours of sleeping.  He needed a patient for a CE credit, and he chose me!

We spent the drive without music and crocheting.  We were uniterrupted as we set goals, planned for the future, and simply reconnected.  After relaxing in the hotel for an hour, we ate a glorious meal at Giada's.  Luckily a passajata resulted in a stop at Tiffany's (yay for bling), a Chinese New Year in the Bellagio on its grounds, and a shower to remove all the Vegas funk.  (The water didn't actually ever get warm enough to stop my shivers -- it seemed to be the same temperature as the Andes mountain huts in Colpa Pampa.)


Saturday I waited four hours outside the CE course and crocheted.  Most of the women there were very professional health care providers, and I am very not.  So smugly I sat with my skeins of yard and my various crochet tools.  This new valentines cake plate needed a valentines cake.  Bam.  
Nick and Austin thought those chocolate covered strawberries were a stretch -- I think they are darling.
Home again, and we found happy children, a clean house and zombie eyes.  Maddie is feeling better, Molly and Ryan are on the mend as well.  Molly found these hearts and wanted us to be together.
Just a recipe that needs never be lost.

 Maisie's Report:

  • I've never been happier on my mission!
  • We had three member meals in one day.
  • Wednesday night Sister Rogers cut my bangs.
  • No sugar this year for me.  I'm still going strong.
  • Sister Wheeler is the new companion -- "We're going to giggle all night long." And, "Good morning, Pookie Bear!" are SW bests quotes.
  • So many really good days of teaching a finding.
  • They call us "Babbler." Babcock=Wheeler.  And because we talk a lot.
  • I've finished training!
  • 2025 is my blackout year.  I'll spend everyday on my mission.
Andy's Report:
  • I need to work way more hours and save way more money.  Mom, can you help me budget?
  • (The app I suggested was downloaded and tracking spending immediately.)
  • We went skiing all day Saturday.  I'm so sore.

  • Armstrong update:
  • Melijah spoke in church so Andy went to watch the twinnies.  
  • Babies are standing up in the middle of the room and taking several steps unassisted.
  • They are a happy and warm family in this cold winter weather.



No comments: