Monday, January 13, 2025

Mid-winter

We read aloud lots and lots.  We read 100 in Holes and then watched the movie -- that was a lovely morning.  Eddie often builds or puzzles while I read.  Ryan sits quietly right beside me.  Molly takes notes and comprehends it all.
They helped me with a painting project.  I had tons of errands, so we stopped at Taco Bell and completed to seven stops.  My scholars were sure "all in" for our grand adventure.
She has her permit!  "Do you have errands today?"
Board gamers.
This very good boy opened his mission portal.  He also cleaned the entire house while I took Ryan for his dental appointment.  Maddie joined the initiative, and I was very pleased when I got home.



Our first day of skiing was a blast.  We had to find our groove, but Molly still flies right down every run.


Maisie's update:
  • It was 7* when we went knocking on Tuesday.
  • Grandma Kim's gift is getting me through (Nature's Garden Trail Mix Snack Pack).
  • We had to drop a lot of friends this week.
Andy's update:
  • "I have more responsibilities at work, but not more pay."
  • He skiied all day Saturday -- his slopes look colder than ours.

No comments: