I convinced my little school children to workout with me. Ryan quits quietly, Eddie quits angrily, Maddie endures, and Maisie fights for every gain.
FHE was another hit. We simply read the miracles in Mark 5 then we played pictionary. Maisie's demon exit proved her declaration, "This is what AP art looks like."Ryan found Neil Armstrong in him mathbook and in his grammar workbook. He earned his quarter! Maddie's studying French in the backgound.
Youth group was planned by the YM. Maddie, our bishop and Rim were the last three standing. Maddie won.
Maisie went with me to see Frankie Valli and the Four Seasons in concert. We had a blast. Frankie is now 88, so when his name was announced, she shuffled out onto the stage. His band was sensational, his backup singers were smooth, but it's his music that had me at hello. We knew every word to every chorus, and at intermission she conviced me to dance in the portal. SO MUCH FUN!
I pre-ordered my Frankie shirt, and I was the only one with merch. All those other 70+. year olds were living their best lives through us: We remembered the words, danced and jumped to the music, and ran to the car singing when it was over. (We acutally ran smack into a metal rope that dropped us to the gravel. We both have heavy bruises on our thighs and shins. Whoops.)
He's a tiny little man with a great, big, prominent false setto. Maisie is a tiny girl with a volume level that could be heard over his. She was the perfect companion to my revisit of the first concert I ever attended as a youth.
I found these two on my phone.
We watched Nick's tennis match. He has improved so much from last year. Ryan's football season is over. He pulled several flags, ran for a touchdown and was such a team leader. He's actually going to play the spring season these next few months.
Maddie rounds up all the little kids and entertains them.
Look what Molly made for her 18 year old friend, "It's piano music so Eden can practice." I love this so much.
Eddie made dinner on date night -- I love a night when the kitchen is closed. Austin and I found ourselves talking and reconnecting. It was a long week of meetings and responsibilities, so our date was soul food.
I played the organ today for two wards for the very first time (so many have left for spring break). I also was the stake speaker in the third ward. Attending three sacrament meetings and two YW classes was actually lovely. I felt like I kept the sabbath day very well in my heart. I was told I looked very small up at the organ. It's a big instrument. Melijah spoke in church today as well. I'm sure they were uplifting and prepared. They are lovely posterity.
Maddie taught the lesson in YW today. She was brave and true.
It's just tradition to play game. Nick won "Citadels." The eight player games are always the best.

I asked Andy what I could do for his this week. He told me that he likes it when I send scriptures to him, so I do. He now lives in Nashville and works alongside his mission president. He will only spend 3.5 days working in the field, and the other days ministering to the other elders in his mission. Andy is proof of the joy that comes from choosing Christ and living a life of discipleship. "I just hit 'em with the spirit." He's serving a mission not just because it's the culture of our church, but because he loves Jesus and wants to follow Him. Andy invited me to Jesus in my life in my morning prayers; I'm excited to see where it takes me.




















No comments:
Post a Comment