It's still cold, wet and rainy here. I often feel so sad for the dainty blossoms that bloom early and have to survive the bitterness of winter temperatures. Yet, we still sing the popcorn song all around town.
Maddie twisted her ankle very badly at the ninja gym. She's injured and limping, again. Poor, girl.Eddie's wrestling banquet was awesome. He coach said, "This wrestler is 'this' close to winning all of his matches." It's quite true. He's so good. The big kids were loud and rude. The little kids were loud and rude. Obviously, I haven't taught them banquet manners.
The sun is up on our way to seminary again. Nick's driving is coming along nicely. It's so sweet spending the morning with him. He's so good and true -- and hysterically funny.
Lunch has found us learning about Mt. Rushmore, Ronald Regan and Neil Armstrong (we've exhausted the Mark Rober channel).
Maisie's cap and gown arrived. She's so ready to move on and be done. I love watching her prance, but I'm trying hard not to miss her already. She's my workout buddy in the afternoons and sous chef in the evening. She serves Molly her food every meal, and she sweeps with purpose (she's the only one since Meg left).
Molly's letter to Grandma Goodell is so good.
I found this little illustration on her feet during CFM. This is a depiction of night and day.
More beautiful trees.
Stopping to take a drink before dinner prep began.
Saturday I spent the ENTIRE day preparing and presenting the Seder Feast for the 100 youth in our stake. It was a huge endeavor, and not all the youth took advantage of the spiritual significance of the event, but Maddie testified of her new growth the next day in testimony meeting. I decided that if I spent close to 30+ hours simply for my three children to feel a connection and increase their testimonies with Jesus Christ, then it was worth it.
Here I am the next day with a ponytail and winter clothes. I was exhausted from all my efforts, but I did feel that my offering to bring the youth to Him was accepted by the Lord.
Nick turns 16 in a few weeks. You're invited! Text him if you can come.
Sunday evening we settled in for a cozy evening at Grandma's house. Molly dressed me up. I didn't get the pictures of Austin checking out Grandpa's new shed, of Grandma feeding us little cups of ice creams, or of Maisie curled up in a blanket reading.
Melijah are still in Cancun. They look more and more tan and rested everyday when we talk. I sang Meg my favorite mother's lulluby, "It's You, I Like.'" and she cried. My first new born baby still needs my love and prayers, and I need hers.Elder Babcock's report is that his new garments arrived along with his mechanical toothbrush. He taught about needing a witness of a witness -- it's not just one time that we have a singular spiritual experience, but after the Holy Ghost often testifies of the truthfulness of that experience. He also reported, "I spent $31 from my personal funds on a haircut that is not even awesome." P-day usually brings a two hour nap. He often giggles about Nick torturing Maisie about me catching her throwing away the lunch I make her. (I'm no longer making her a lunch.). Both Meg and Andy think it's so funny that she's still repeating her 3rd grade behavior.












.png)

No comments:
Post a Comment