Sunday, February 5, 2023

finna shred the nar (capitalization is not a thing when texting slang)

Finally, I cleaned out my closet and got rid of all the clothing not in my palette.  I'm left with blues, pinks and purples (the whites and blacks have no place in there, but I need to replace those one at a time.)
UNO is the game of the week.  Maddie and Ryan played at every recess.
We're still reading everyday.  
We have this new charge where each of the children take turns leading CFM.  Eddie was in charge and came prepared with a fishing game (fishing pole with a rod and magnets).  Eddie certainly helped us be "fishers of men."

I think the best slang is the slang that teens use all the time, but it makes them cringe when the old people use it -- I've perfected this cycle.  
finna -- I am going to
shred -- ski so well that I don't fall but get down really fast
nar -- the steep run
Meg coined the term the "shred the nar," but Molly perfected it by adding "finna."  
We spent the day on the mountain, enjoying every bit of winter weather and togetherness; we all skiied the blue runs.  Molly beats me down the mountain -- well, everyone does, including strangers; I mostly get passed.
 I mean, what's better than shredding the nar?
Ryan's football game was well attended.  He ran for a touchdown, and our decible level confirmed our pride.  Molly purchased that bottle-sucker thing and queried, "A lick for a lick?"
Eddie was asked the same question.  Both traded.
Here is his cheering section.  We love the grandparents with us.  
Austin was very nice to help me work on portable lighting for stake dances.  The buckets are super heavy, like 75 lbs., and he carried them all.  He's very strong and very handsome.
Eddie and I put together a little corner organizer.  He was very wise and very handy.  (Austin came home and finished it up in about two "hits" of his palm and 10 screws.  Once again, he saved me.)

Andy is glowing and adulting so well.  His report: eight people to church, five hour nap on p-day, and no food except for turkey bacon and expired cottage cheese.  He listened, cheered on our tiny triumphs, and reminded us to love as the Savior does.  We sure love our very big boy -- first to serve a mission = first to introduce Jesus Christ as a healer, protector, deliverer, and one who makes whole.
 

No comments: