Sunday, January 22, 2023

San Diego

 Austin had a CE sedation course in San Diego, so he invited us to go along.  We spent the long weekend casually relaxing.  (These pictures are in reversed chronological order.)

Sunday morning church was not until 10:30am, so we slept in and were 20 minutes early.  The ward choir sang, and one of the members was a temple worker that had helped me the previous day. What a little miracle.

Saturday we spent at the temple, the beach and Target.  The water was not warm, the air was bright and crisp, so long walks and naps felt like vacation.


I made a 30 minute appointment, they just walked into the baptistry.

My little ones were kind and nice waiting in the car.
Friday we spent the day at Sea World.  This mother navigate the traffic and the amusment park almost as well as the father.  

The dolphin show was exciting.
This Walrus weighed like 4,000 pounds.  He was HUGE.

My children were crazy in the exhibits and screamers on the ride.  I'm sure we were a spectical.
Eddie and Ryan were tall enough to ride the big coasters and short enough to ride with Molly.  


The Orca show was our favorite.  We were caught on the big screen with our hands up and smiles on.  We did not sit in the soak zone, but the poor children who did left crying.
Together.
(Molly's little cashmere sweater used to be mine, but I washed it, so now it is hers.  "Oooh!' she crooned, "cashmere is so soft and warm," she gloated.  That was the first and last time I'll buy an expensive sweater that can't be washed at home.)




Of course we took advantage of the adjacent park in the evenings.  Kickball gets us excited and running.  I play on the boys' team, and Austin plays with the girls.  Somehow the teams are actually very fair.

It got cold.  Molly quit long before we took this.
My children are so happy just being together.  Austin and I went to bed early and awakened rested. I packed all our food, so the $10.31 churro was a real treat at $.50/bite.  I know why people live in California, but I don't know why they are bringing their politics to Arizona.  Boo.

No comments: