Sundays was busy for me with stake meetings. Late into the evening we finally settled in to sing and play Tenzi. Of course I won, but I always do. I gave up the Sonic award to Maddie.
Austin reads the Friend magazine on Sundays. The children listen so carefully.Monday was Elijah's birthday. Maddie celebrated him by baking cookies.
Eddie and Ryan workout with me each morning.
Molly got a recorder in primary because we are studying the book of Psalms. Our world is very loud.
Maddie finished piecing her quile.
Monday at 9pm I landed in Utah. I returned home Wednesday at 10pm. For two days I did exactly what was on MY agenda. I don't think that has happened for a very long time, or ever.
Tanner and Bri were sealed in the Draper temple. The sealer explained the Abrahamic covenant so clearly: dominance, inheritance and posterity. His ability to teach the importance of eternal marriage was powerful.
Candids family photos.At the luncheon, John and Ricky (fathers of 13 children collectively) took Jim's first baby and tried to make her happy. It was hysterical because they are very seasoned and pulled out their best tricks, whereupon baby Sky cried louder. We ate delicious food and enoyed the best company.
I took the cutest picture of Tanner's siblings, I knew that the lighting would be a problem, but I just went for it. Their uncle photo bombed. These four gave the sweetest tribute and were shining stars.
We spent the afternoon sitting on couches and feeling full.
Evening reception time.Cousins + Jeff
Later that night we packed, because we belong to Austin. We shopped for snacks, layed out our bags, and carefully divided the weight.
7:15 am we began our assent.
Three hours later we summited.
Just a few minutes shy of another three hours, we made it back down. Our adventure as a trio is one of my sweetest memories. Meg asked me all sorts of questions, I just talked and talked and talked, and Elijah listened.
Then we spent the afternoon resting in her apartment, eating burgers and then spending an hour with my Mom, Sis and Ky. They were finalizing wedding returns, but still made an effort to spend an hours with us. We giggled, we chatted and we loved.
I commuted home and fell into bed at 1:30am. Up early for the seminary and school routine. The YW taped letters to my front door and made me cookies. I will miss meeting with them every week.Austin took us on a canoe trip to Blue Ridge. That canoe looks awfully close to the back window, and it actually crashed through it.😖
Blue Ridge Reservoir
The gear.
The children.
Camp life.
We had drizzling ran on and off the entire 24 hours, but no one complained. Ryan and Eddie played in the fire almost the entire time. Molly drank plenty of hot chocolate and cider, so I took her potty almost the entire time. Maddie and Nick fished almost the entire time. Maisie unvibed almost the entire time. Saturday morning she did imagine a game of "Killer Orphans." At one point Molly came tearing into camp and Maisie screamed, "Get back to your pod! They are coming!"
Ryan caught the only fish large enough to be edible. He said his tactic was reeling in as fast as he could, which sounds about right for him.😏
These are Ryan's feet on the way home. It took me an hour to clip, trim, cut and scrub my three youngest children.
Thankfully the monsoon season is upon us. These huge storms never cease to amaze us.
Elder Babcock reports that his new area doesn't have much Spanish work, but it is filled with people who are interested in listening and learning. He is testifying of the truthfulness of the Book of Mormon. He was pretty excited to see the Amish carriages.


































No comments:
Post a Comment