Sunday, June 5, 2022

Sunny Summer

Saturday morning we picked up our Trekkers, Maisie and Nick.  
Almost every adult leader cooed and raved about our two good kids.  I told Austin I hadn't even worried about them, and he told me that's because we've taught them to do hard things. 
They were champions.

Home again.  Molly was a bitty baby five years ago when Meg and Andy went.  I wanted to document the growth of each of the children.
That same night, Austin took Maisie and me to see Andy Grammer.  His music and message fill my soul with joy and gladness.  It was such a fun night.



Maisie's phone is so broken, but she still texts!  I was laughing hysterically to see how she makes it happen.  
Sunday morning Molly brought this book to read to me.  It's my new favorite.  BUY IT!  READ IT!  I laughed so hard.
This whole week our dear friend, Stacey, came for a visit. She showed us how to increase our fun potential.  Her magic 20 second Oreo dunk via a spoon is the best thing that has ever happened to us.
Andy asked me to send him the things I'm studying.  I happened to be in the chapter that defines missionaries.  Not a fluke.
Swimmers.  I almost dove.  Almost.  Molly and I practiced via Stacey's help.  Molly impoved.  I'm still a chicken liver.
Summer reading program.
Friday morning Austin took the kids to West Clear Creek.  They were gone 28 hours and came home sore.  
Molly and I took Stacey to the airport, via the 115* afternoon in downtown Phoenix.  Stacey was such a lovely guest: She knew how to love the children, shop for hours, eat simple meals, and testify of Christ.  We will miss her.
We stopped for dinner at the chocolate factory.  Molly ate her half of the apple, and we layed on the grass.  It was still 108*, but somehow she still ran and did cartwheels all over this grassy mound.

Saturday, once the family was home, we spent the morning preparing for Austin's campaign party, but I demanded that we spend an hour in the pool as a family.  So we did.
We were fun and relaxed.  (I look just like my mother here.)
Saturday night we hosted a magical evening of friends and supporters.  We chatted, ate brownies and ice cream bars, listened to music and swam under the stars.  We are blessed that so many are willing to generously donate their time, money and talents in that hope that Austin can make a small difference in blessing our children and our community.
Ryan was so tired at the end of the night, he could hardly keep his eyes open.  

No comments: