Friday, April 22, 2022

Vegas Austin -- #46

Austin's nephew, Taylor, planned his marriage for April 23 in the Las Vegas temple.  Austin convinced all his sisters to arrive a few days early, to celebrate his 46th birthday.  They consented, and we had the best weekend dual celebrating their wedding and his birthday.  Rachelle endearlingly coined him, "Vegas Austin."  Probably because he knew exactly where we were going and how to navigate the fun perfectly.
Thursday night we met up for a family dinner; Austin made these two nephews try new food. What does "four" mean?
We all went to see David Copperfield.  Rachelle went up on stage to witness a trick, but our phones were put away, so we have no documentation.  Not my favorite, it was a magic show with muppets, but a Vegas classic.
We walked to watch the Bellagio fountains dancing and singing along the way.
Here are the Bellagio gardens -- once again my favorite painist was playing his instrument in the atrium with ease and accuracy that far surpasses my imagination.  I wish I owned a player-grand piano in my home, a good seranade changes everything for me.
Friday morning we went to work out -- aka use that $100 resort fee.  The only machines that weren't being used were the Peloton bikes.  HA!  I logged in, rode with gusto, and I loved that we were working out together.
I planned a little party for later that morning.  
I brought presents, hats and his favorite cookies.  
Austin's Song
He wanted a picture with his sisters from the front
and the back.  
We had a couple of hours before the rehearsal dinner, so we headed to the outlets.  Austin invited us to join him in the fish pedicure.
Those little fish nibbled away at our feet, leavning an enzyme that would solve all our problems.  The sensation was popping bubbles.  Grandpa B. was so relaxed, I need to find a group picture.
BRIO was the rehearsal dinner destination.  We ate and chatted and cooed over the bride and groom. We crammed an extra rider in our car, but I'm so good at that -- and so are they.  Being surrounded and smashed by family is my favorite place to be.
Austin suggested a 9:30pm show -- we all went.  This is the same show we saw in 2011, and I remembered quite a bit of it, but it did not disappoint.  The choreography is mind-blowing.
Sensational!
We all heard, "You have to, it's my birthday!" like 5,000 times today.  This was the first year he milked his celebration to the fullest -- I was so proud of him.  We did have a grand day, and he deserves all the love from all his family.
Austin is an ultimate alpha.
He knows what he wants, and he works for it.
He has a following of family and friends that trust his wisdom and capabilities.
He listens carefully and opens his blunt mouth boldly.
His daughters adore him and his sons revere him. 
His wife is only just beginning to understand his eternal importance, but she sees his significance and his potential.
"46 sounds a lot closer to 50 than 45."  It's okay, Austin, we'll hopefully all come along with you, and we'll always be ready when "Vegas Austin" comes to town.
Viva Las Vegas!


 

No comments: