Nick is 15! We missed every bit of his birthday. Maisie and Maddie decorated the kitchen table, fed him delicious food and nurtured him in all the ways. Austin called him first thing, and Nick loved his little song. He took the rice crispies I had prepared (3x batch) and reported that his class LOVED them. I LOVE Nick.
This birthday boy and freshman in high school is a reader.
He's a gamer.He's a bot. He giggles when he annihilates, giggles when he tired, giggles when he loses, giggles when he loves, and giggles when he hates. He's usually happy, especially when he gets to do exactly what he wants. He's growing into the "big boy" -- the one that lifts and moves all my heavy loads, cleans up dead rat guts and heads from the back mat, kills the scorpians and spiders, gets all the trash cleaning and window screening job, and is mad about it. Still, he's coming around, because I need him, and he knows it. His movie quoting one-liners are sensational, and he sings like a master. His piano skills are not improving, but his art skills are -- especially when Maisie contributes. He's very handsome and very true. He's made several new friends at school this year, and Maisie reports, "Everyone loves Nick." I guess he has a side-hustle at lunch: He takes money and buys people their stuff from the vending machine, then takes the change and gets junk for himself. Genius. I love Nick because he tries. That's all I've ever wanted in a boy that is growing and learning. He has to try to be good at something before he is good at something. Nick accepts defeat and knows that winning is just around the corner. He's a winner in my book. Understanding his divine nature allows him to win at life.


No comments:
Post a Comment