Thursday, November 4, 2021

Portand People

Austin and I flew to Cannon Beach near Portland for our honeymoon years ago.  We decided to go back.
Fall colors flanking the busy highway.
Friends -- the Blisses came along.
We went to the Andrea Bocelli concert.  The best. concert. ever.  I didn't need ear plugs and the music was true artistry.  My soul just filled right up.  I wanted to go right out and be the walking emblem of humanities.

Haystack Rock -- the largest intertidal monolith (thank you t-shirt store for point that out on an unpurchased t-shirt that took 45 seconds to read and process) looks just the same, but felt colder.




We spent the next two days hiking and browsing -- this time we had money to spend and so $8 later I found a composition primer from 1872.

We ate a pile of shell fish and slurped butter.
We got caught in a hail storm.
We walked for hours along the shore just like before, but this time we knew what do to after.
Due to Covid 2020 and our 20th anniversary landing the same year, our trip back was worth the year longer wait.  May we forver climb mountains, walk beaches, drink butter and declare, "You have bewitched me, body and soul, and I love, I love, I love you. I never wish to be parted from you from this day on."

I guess he'll first have to read Pride and Predjudice in order to declare his love in this manner.  For now, I'll settle for, "The house smells good.  What's for dinner?"  

 

No comments: