Ryan is 5! He's is the ultimate hugger and lover. I lean in to kiss him and night and he reaches his strong arm up around my neck and pulls me to his face as tightly as he can. He's leaving me for kindergarten in the fall, and I'm heartbroken about it. We are on lesson 89/100 in his reading book, and he knows how to write his name with a capital R and lower case y-a-n.
This morning began so slowly that I regretted his present choice. He was really uninterested, and he just dropped his loot to the floor. #momfail
But, Maisie recognized the issue and began her excited shouts as he opened more presents. Meg joined in the escaped and rescued both Ryan and myself.
Breakfast was a rush for the rest of the family, but once they left we sat together. He wanted to jump on the tramp, so we ran out there and jumped for a really long time. I played every game he wanted and that truly was his best present.
We headed to the park mid-morning. He pumps those legs and swings high into the air.
Once Molly was asleep, I sat beside him as he assembled Legos.
All afternoon the kids ran in and out. No place on earth beats our spring weather. I made him tomato soup with grilled cheese (recipes at melskitchencafe.com) and panzanella salad.
No one eats cake here, so we make a giant cookie and I let him decorate it.
Ryan was thrilled to be sung to. His sweet nature and even temper make him an easy pleaser.
I hope he kisses me forever. He's the best. (Andy was at a track meet all day. He came home and watched all the movies and asked how it all went. heart)










No comments:
Post a Comment