We stuck around this week. We were able to go to bed whenever we wanted and sleep in until whenever we wanted. We all loved it. We did plan a few fun things everyday.
Monday we headed to Phoenix and watched a spring training baseball game.
We sat on the grassy knoll which was perfect for the kids to run around and play.The field was so pretty.
Tuesday we were in the car to go to the movies and turned around and went home. A glitch in behavior changed our plans. Instead, we sanded and refinished the table.
Maisie helped with the varnish.
Cleaning up the sawdust was the worst part; it took longer than the actual sanding process.
Look at these seedlings! My kitchen window faces west, and all living things magnificently there.
Wednesday we went skiing. Ryan and Molly stayed with Eden. The rest of us headed to Flag.
Here we are on the lift.
My darlings have skied with Austin several times, but I always stay home with babies. This time I went along and was sure thrilled with how well they fly down the mountain side. I couldn't believe it.
Nick and Meg mastering their "pizza" skills.
Then, my phone died. I didn't get to film Eddie skiing down and up for the first time. He and I spent a couple hours together. How proud I was as I watched him progress from falling down to mastering "Little Spruce." He's a wonder. (We actually skied with friends, but we didn't see them until the end of the day.)
Later that night Austin pulled out the mountain map and showed Molly and Ryan all our routes.
Thursday was the good ol' buffet and bowling at the Cliff Castle Casino. Good times. AND! I remembered not to fill my plate until I visited the omelette man.
Bowling was lit.
Twinsies.
Austin won. I bowled one strike, but I did not bowl my weight.
Friday we went shooting. We all took a turn with all sorts of guns. Maisie was truly a sharp shooter. She hit and destroyed all her targets. Meg asked her how she did it, and she responded, "You aim." I hit the target once.....
Saturday was another meet. We cooked.
Andy ran the mile and two mile. He ran so well.
Meg killed it as usual.
Molly was awake when we got home at 10:30. She tried on Meg's two medals.
Sunday morning we ate green eggs and green biscuits. I did nothing to the brown sausage.
Here is my finished table and re-upholstered chairs. Grandma B. came to dinner and raved about our handy work. Grandpa B. loved the $30 investment. I love my clean table and 10 chairs. Austin was so nice to work beside me to make it happen. That's a cute St. Patrick's table!
Ryan fell asleep during family choir. I teared up several times while accompanying my daughters and sons. We testify as we sing praises to God. Family choir is truly my favorite weekly tradition.
These peeps posed beside him because they couldn't help it.
Our week is over. I hate sending my kids back to school. But, we all work better with a bit of routine and restraint. Wish us luck tomorrow morning as we get back it.






























No comments:
Post a Comment